2 “I have loved you,” says the LORD. “But you ask, ‘How have you loved us?’ “Was not Esau Jacob’s brother?” the LORD says. “Yet I have loved Jacob,
3 but Esau I have hated, and I have turned his mountains into a wasteland and left his inheritance to the desert jackals.”
13 Just as it is written: “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”
23 The LORD said to her, “Two nations are in your womb, and two peoples from within you will be separated; one people will be stronger than the other, and the older will serve the younger.”
It is clear BEFORE these two were born that God had chosen Jacob over Esau. Was that fair? Was there anything to warrant God choosing Jacob over Esau? NO! It was not Jacob’s “worthy behavior,” whether “foreseen” or observed, with which he procured the blessing. In fact there were many reasons God should have picked Esau! He hunted for venison, true venison Isaac loved, he quickly prepared it, knowing he was going to get the blessing of the first-born. But what did Jacob do?
1. He went after the blessing that did NOT belong to him for he was not the first-born.
2. He sought to divert the known intention of his father which was to bless Esau.
3. He deceived his father with fake venison.
4. He used God’s name in vain to aide in the deception (Genesis 27:20)*
5. He sought the blessing by downright fraud and lying - he wears goat skin on his hands and neck, he wears Esau’s clothes.
* Granted, this was before the 10 Commandments and before the Law but keep in mind what the purpose of the Law was. The purpose of the Law was to identify sin. So whether or not Jacob could claim ignorance is not the issue, he sinned by using God’s Name in a lie.
And why did God pick Jacob? That God’s purpose in ELECTION might stand, not by works but by Him who calls (Romans 9:11). God is immutable and works the same way today. Is it fair that He chose a bride for His Son and placed His Elect in Christ before the foundation of the world (Ephesians 1:4)? Is it fair that the rest WEREN'T chosen? That’s the problem with looking at things with our eyes. God’s ways are NOT our ways (Isaiah 55:8-9) and what may not look fair to us MUST be accepted by faith AS FAIR based on God’s Word.
Arminianism injects man in a “process” that is completely of God. How? By insisting that man must agree to, and be acceptable of, God working in his life. Nope, God is Sovereign and He gets His way, every time (Isaiah 55:11). Arminian Soteriology is pure conjecture based on human emotion, and it is false. It is a complete perversion of God’s Word and anything that perverts God’s Word or detracts from His Glory is of the Devil. Yes, I understand I am saying that Satan is behind Arminianism - but it is still God’s purpose, pleasure, and plan. (Ephesians 1:11)
Jesus raises up EVERY man God draws (John 6:44), NOT every man who accepts the drawing.